Monday, June 06, 2005

Dems Condemn Dean

I don't know whether it was a pang of decency or they finally woke up to what a nut he is, but prominent Democrats Senator Joe Biden and former VP candidate John Edwards both criticized Howard Dean for his verbal attacks on Republicans, reports the Associated Press.

Comments made by Dem Party Chief and former Presidential Candidate Dean that provoked the response included a remark that Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives."

"[Dean] doesn't speak for me with that kind of rhetoric and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats," said Biden, while Edwards remarked similarly, "[Dean] is not the spokesman for the party."

While attempting to distance themselves and their party from Dean, however, they apparently forgot that "spokesman" is pretty much the job description for a party chief.

Dean later revised his "decent living" remark, saying he wasn't talking about "hard-working" people, but the Republican leadership.

Thanks, for clearing that up Howard.

Next thing you know, he'll be telling me I'm a credit to my race.

No comments: